Join us for the 2016 Night of Champions Awards Dinner
Saturday, November 5th
Washington Hilton Hotel (1919 Connecticut Ave NW)
Cocktail Reception and Silent Auction — 6:00 PM
Awards Dinner — 7:30 PM
Table Captain (10 Tickets) — $1,000
Individual Tickets — $100
Buy Your Tickets HERE!
Includes Cocktail Reception, Silent Auction, Three Course Seated Dinner and Awards Program.
Nominations are being accepted for the 2016 Champions Awards at email@example.com.
- The MVP Award recognizes individuals that have made a significant contributionto their sport club or tournament over the past year.
- The Trailblazer Award recognizes individuals that have worked for many years to support and in some cases, establish their teams and tournaments.
- The Community Support Award recognizes individuals, organizations or businesses that have supported the teams and the entire LGBT sporting community.
We will also recognize the recipients of the 2016 Team DC College Scholarships, including:
- Jauan Durbin, School Without Walls High School, Washington, DC / Morehouse College (GA)
- Adonis Garcia, Cardozo High School, Washington, DC / Marymount University (VA)
- Joshua Hicks, Chesapeake High School, Pasadena, MD / University of Maryland at College Park (MD)
- Jasmine Johnson, Ballou High School, Washington, DC / Delaware State University (DE)
- Stephen Lambert, Northern Virginia Community College / George Mason University (VA)
- Daja Latten, Cardozo High School, Washington, DC / Virginia State University (VA)
- Elaina Perry, Eleanor Roosevelt High School, Greenbelt, MD / American University (DC)
Back Row (L-R): Scholarship Committee Members JJ Johnson, Blake Rushin, Terry Chasteen and Dan Schaefer. Front Row (L-R): Scholarship Recipients Jauan Durbin, Elaina Perry, Joshua Hicks, Daja Latten and Stephen Lambert.
Below are photos from the 2015 Team DC Night of Champions.
- Fayra Bonilla-Rubi of Lee High School (Fairfax, VA). Fayra played soccer at Lee High School and attends Potomac State College of West Virginia University.
- Lisa Chen of West Springfield High School (Springfield, VA). Lisa now attends the University of Virginia and played basketball during her high school years.
- Lillian Chong of Mount Vernon High School (Alexandria, VA). Lillian was Captain of her high school Dance Team and now attends George Mason University.
- Kyra McClary of T.C. Williams High School (Alexandria, VA). Kyra was an accomplished athlete in high school and plans to continue her rowing career while attending Smith College (MA).
- Jameesha Parker of Luke Moore Alternative High School (Washington, DC). Jameesha was Captain of her Cheerleading Squad in high school and attends the University of the District of Columbia.
- Gabriel Perkins of West Potomac High School (Alexandria, VA). Gabriel is an accomplished swimmer and plans to continue swimming as he attends Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Nora O’Leary of Washington-Lee High School (Arlington, VA). Nora was a player and manager for her soccer team in high school and will attend Loyola University (New Orleans).
- John Ramsey of Montgomery Blair High School (Silver Spring, MD). John was Captain of the varsity baseball team at Montgomery Blair High School and attends Oberlin College.
- Sam Song of Poolesville High School (Poolesville, MD). Sam is a long-time competitive swimmer and now swims on the team at St. Lawrence University (NY).